Currently, Marymoor park has outdated and bland city signage throughout the park. Such an impressive park deserves a just as impressive identity. After conducting a site audit and user research the goals of the project were to:
- Update and refine current signage system
- Update current look and feel while acknowledging the current king county guidelines.
- Make signage ADA compliant
- Make signage visible under all conditions and lighting
- Use long lasting sustainable materials
Using the research I collected, I developed three options that would be a feasible solution to the problem. All variants needed to be weather-resistant, have information illuminated at night, Be very simple to follow for both pedestrian and vehicular traffic, and feel more upscale than the current King County park signage.